Owner should be completely aware about the signs and symptoms of Chihuahua illness because the dog is not able to explain its sickness. There are simple health tips which will be very helpful to save your puppy’ life.
Here is the list of queries that may be asked by veterinarian so be prepared:
- Do you have any other pet?
- When you owned the Chihuahua?
- Is the Chihuahua ever vaccinated?
- What kind and quantity of food your puppy used to eat?
- Any history about Chihuahua illness?
- What is the age of Chihuahua?
- Is the Chihuahua loss or gain weight currently?
- Have you noticed coughing or sneezing?
- Is Chihuahua spend maximum time indoors or outdoors?
- Did you get the Chihuahua from the breeder, adopted it or previous stray?
- Do you find any issue with Chihuahua water consumption?
If your Chihuahua is suffering from specific issue then veterinarian may ask following questions to diagnose the issue.
Eyes related queries:
- Is the size of pupil is same in both eyes?
- Is there bloodshot in the eyes?
- Have you ever noticed squinting?
- Is there any reduction or increase in tear production of the Chihuahua?
- Is the puppy experiencing cloudy or red eyes?
Ears related queries:
- Are ears are red and swollen?
- Is it shakes a head excessively?
- Is there any odor in the ear?
- Is there any discharge from the ear?
Nose related queries:
- Is there is blood discharge from the nose?
- Have you noticed any coughing, congestion or sneezing?
Mouth related queries:
- Is there any bleeding from the mouth?
- Have you observed any swelling of tongue or lips?
- Is the Chihuahua able to open and close the mouth without any problem?